NitaiBhakti.com : Harinam.tv : Gaura.tv : YouTube : Old Videos : SoundCloud : eBook : Veda : Scriptures : हिन्दी : ગુજરાતી : Donate

Will reading the works of saints from other sampradayas help us?

(Amy Harilal) #1

All glories to Lord Nityananda, Shrila Nitaipreshthji and all Nitai sevaks.

There are many well known saintly people in India’s spiritual history, past and present. I was wondering if it is acceptable and how helpful reading the works of such renowned personalities are, and maybe if Shrila Nitaipreshthji would like to mention any such person whose works he personally approves of?

Sincerely, Amy.

(Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj) #2

If they have not reached the level of Nitai Bhakti and Radha Dasyam, then their teachings won’t be as useful to reach the eternal pastimes as our Gaudiya acharyas’ teachings are. Besides we will not be able to weed out the authentic and the inauthentic among them so we may end up accepting the wrong conclusions. जय निताइ! हरे कृष्ण! Jai Guruvarg!

(Amy Harilal) #3

Yes. I hadn’t realized that unless one is at the highest level how can one discriminate and recognise which people/devotees are. Too bad it takes one to know one. Thanks so much for the answer. Please accept my pranams.