NitaiBhakti.com : KRSNA.ME AUDIOS : YouTube : Older YouTube : 1571 Videos : SoundCloud : Veda : Scriptures : हिन्दी : ગુજરાતી : Donate

Vaishnav Sewa and Humility

(Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj) #1

:cherry_blossom: About Shrila Bhaktishastri Parampada das Babaji Maharaj: I miss my Gurupadapadma so so so much. He was the softest, humblest, and the most saral Vaishnav I have ever met in my life. He never dreamt of even a drop of duplicity. It was a word alien to him.

:hibiscus: “When I was a brahmachari for 12 years, I cleaned the toilets of other devotees. That training helps me to remain in touch with humility even now. Such menial service training is essential before one even aspires to be a preacher.”

:cherry_blossom: namruchi, jiva doya, vaisnava sevana. All should go hand in hand.

(Nityanandi dasi) #2

Although Nitaipreshthji Gurudev has natural humility we have a lot to learn from His example. Only by serving Vaishnavas can we cultivate true humility, otherwise it just remains a theoretical concept and our words are just a sign of false humility. Bhaktivinoda Thakur says the same thing in pratistha parivarjan. The desire for name and fame will always remain, whether we realize it consciously or not, until we humble and sincerely serve the Vaishnavas. Please bless me to do this!