Nitai.tv : YouTube : Old Videos : SoundCloud : eBook : Veda : Scriptures : हिन्दी : ગુજરાતી : Donate

The Secret to Attain Gaur Radha Shyam

(Nitaimani das) #1

tomara karuna vina gaur nahi paya,
shata janma bhaje yadi gauranga hiyaya.

“Even if someone worships Gauranga whole-heartedly for a hundreds births, without Your
mercy Nitai, they will never attain Him.”

gaura danda kare yadi tumi raksha kara,
tumi jare danda kara gaura tara para.

“If Gauranga wishes to punish someone, Nitai, You always protect that person. But, if You punish someone, the person will go away from Gauranga eternally.”

:small_blue_diamond:3. Another point to note is that our philosophy is not to worship only Nitai. We simply try to focus more on Nitai so that attainment of Gaur Radha Krishna becomes a greater reality. Focussing more on Nitai does not exclude the bhajan of Gaur Radha Krishna.

It is known that Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is worshipped by sankirtana yajna. And we do worship Mahaprabhu by performing daily sankirtana of Gaur nam, Nitai nam, and Hari nam as an offering to Gauranga Mahaprabhu. Additionally, our Guru and Acarya, Shrila Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj, has personally recommended many a times to remember Gauranga even while singing or chanting the Hare Krishna Mahamantra.

:small_blue_diamond:4. It was Shrila Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj who established and advocated the chanting of the Gaura Gopala Mantra - “Gauranga”, which is composed of four syllables for the first time so openly in this world. It is due to his untiring efforts that many devotees all over the world have felt attracted to Gauranga Mahaprabhu.

He had published Chaitanya Bhagavat (the prominent biography of Nitai Gaur) and distributed it at cost price widely in order to spread the glories of Nitai Gauranga. He has also written and published an explanatory translation of Chaitanya Chandramrita (a book that contains the exclusive glories of Gaur) and the first chapter of Navadvip Dhama Mahatmaya (a book that contains the glories of Gaur’s Abode).

You can read them here:

Shri Chaitanya Chandramrita
https://nitaaiveda.com/SG_Translated_and_Main_Scriptures/Shri_Chaitanya_Chandramrita.htm
Shri Navadvipa Dham Mahatmaya
https://nitaaiveda.com/SG_Translated_and_Main_Scriptures/Navadvipa_Dhaam_Mahatmya.htm

Moreover, he published small booklets containing the 100 Names of Gaur and Scriptural Evidences in support of Gaur’s Godhood. For more than a decade, He has been taking devotees on Navadvipa Parikrama, many a times throughout the year.

Even today, our preachers all over the world are spreading the glories of Gaur by establishing that He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead on the basis of the Vedic Scriptures. How can anyone claim that we are worshiping only Nitai and not Gaur? Can’t they understand how much Nitai must be pleased with all these efforts to glorify Gaur?

:small_blue_diamond:5. Shrila Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj has never stopped anyone from worshiping Gauranga through His name and has no intention to ever do so. In fact, He Himself is very pained by those who stop others from chanting the holy names of Nityananda and Gauranga.

He has written, “Even if they are devotees, I will never forgive deep within my heart, those who discourage or stop others from chanting the names of Nityananda and Gauranga or from airwriting निताइ, along with Hari nam, because they mercilessly strip those souls from the only chance to offenselessly chant Hari nam, simply by giving the excuse of the Panch-tattva mantra, which is a prayer not a mantra for chanting like Nitai nam and Gaur Nam.”

Therefore, even though the present standard for aspiring disciples and followers is to do Nitailekhan and chant the Hare Krishna Mahamantra, still many of the disciples continue to chant Gaur’s Name and will continue to do that in future as well without any hindrance.

:small_blue_diamond:6. Please read these verses from Sri Chaitanya Charitamrit,

kālā-kṛṣṇadāsa baḍa vaiṣṇava-pradhāna
nityānanda-candra vinu nahi jāne āna
(CC Adi 11.37)

“The twenty-second devotee of Lord Nityānanda Prabhu was Kālā Kṛṣṇadāsa, who was the ninth cowherd boy. He was a first-class Vaiṣṇava and did not know anything beyond Nityānanda Prabhu.”

hoḍa kṛṣṇadāsa — nityānanda-prabhu-prāṇa
nityānanda-pada vinu nāhi jāne āna

(CC Adi 11.47)

“The thirty-sixth devotee of Lord Nityānanda was Hoḍa Kṛṣṇadāsa, whose life and soul was Nityānanda Prabhu. He was always dedicated to the lotus feet of Nityānanda, and he knew no one else but Him.”

In these verses it is clearly mentioned that these two associates of Nitai knew no one but Nitai. They were exclusively devoted to Nitai. Do you think Nitai was displeased with them? Do you think Nitai will make them suffer birth after birth?

:maple_leaf: Let us summarize. The verse quoted in the beginning from Chaitanya Bhagavata can never be even remotely applicable to us because of our staunch faith and regard for Lord Gauranga.

In fact, the basic reason for emphasizing more on Nitai is to WIN THE HEART OF GAUR as it is the shortest and surest way to do so. This stress on Nitai’s Name and Glories was an offering by Shrila Bhaktiratna Sadhu to Lord Gauranga on His Appearance Day (Gaur Purnima, 2015). Offerings are given to those whom we adore and whom we wish to please.

He wrote this on that day, “I promise to Gaur today on His appearance day that I will try to spread the airwriting, singing, and chanting of Nitai’s name even more vigorously than before since it the only hope for the rebellious conditioned souls to become favourable towards Nitai Gaur and Radha Krishna bhakti according to all our beloved acharyas.”

Worthless disciple of Shrila Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj,
Nitaimani das

(vishal nitai) #2

Joy Nitai
Dandavat pranams dear Prabhuji

What a wonderful article :clap::clap::clap::clap:
Only a Nitai charged devotee with complete faith can write something like this. You have very convincingly explained all the major points. Thanks a lot for what you do for us:pray::pray:

(rachnahk108) #3

Wow! What a wonderful article Prabhuji. Very nicely you have described each and every point of Srila Nitaipreshtji with reference of scripture . All glories to you! :pray::pray::raised_hands::+1:

(Nitai Seva das) #4

Jaya Jaya Nitai!!! Thank you prabhuji for this point to point crystal clear tattav. Now my faith in Nitai Seva has increased manifold .My only prayer to Doyal Nitai is that , i can understand a tinch of these gems. All Glories to Vaishnav Thakur. :pray::pray:

(Nitaimani das) #5

Joy Nitai. Dandavat Pranaam Shrila Nitaipreshthji Gurudev and all Nitaibhakts. Thank you very much for your kind words. I am not at all qualified to defend the worship of Nitai or the extraordinary teachings of Shrila Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj. But by the grace of Gurudev and Nitailekhan nothing is impossible! I will continue to share more such essays whenever I have time. I wrote this one in 2015. Edited it today and shared with everyone. Will do the same for other articles regularly if it helps even one Nitaibhakt in this group.