Nitai.tv : YouTube : Old Videos : SoundCloud : eBook : Veda : Scriptures : हिन्दी : ગુજરાતી : Donate

Should we become artifically humble?

audios
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007ff5566a0178>

(Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj) #1

My audio reply to should we become artifically humble?
By Srila Nitaipreshthji
October 25, 2016

Srila Prabhupada used to say that if you don’t feel humble then become artificially humble. Force yourself to be humble with advanced devotees, not with karmis, not with a neophyte devotee, otherwise they will not understand that. They will pass judgement, commit offenses. So atleast associate with advanced devotees and remain very very humble. Actually feel it. If you don’t feel it, then force oneself to feel it. Like Prabhupada said that if you can’t dance then just move yourself, move your hands and legs and then automatically you will dance in kirtana. Similarly humility is like that. Everything else is svayam eva sphuraty adaḥ (Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu , Verse 1.2.234) but humility we can force ourselves. We can actually meditate on our weaknesses, our falldowns, our bad vices and you know helplessly call out the Lord because a small fish, when you become very very small then the fisherman cannot catch you. It is said that higher you rise, the harder you fall. So the moment, even if you are doing the best bhajan but if you start becoming proud, then a falldown is assured. And our critical mentality towards other vaishnavas is assured to happen.

So real bhajan has to follow with āmāra jīvana, sadā pāpe rata, nāhiko punyera leṣa (by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur). I’ll make a hindi song from this so that every devotee can sing in the tune of Nitai Chalisa. It is very more easier to sing. So actually as important our bhajan is equally important is to actually give time to force ourselves to remain humble. In the outside world people say don’t think negative, don’t think negative, think positive. Thinking negatively brings negativity within us, but in bhakti actually not forgetting our faults, negativity is actually can be used to supreme advantage. Like we can always remain humble in front of the vaishnavas. Then one will attract that mercy because that is our real position. If we remember our real position what is the harm in that? It is not negativity, it is a fact. So the more lower we are, the more force… Like the waterfall. The higher the waterfall, the more force in the water. So more lower we are, the more powerful is the mercy of Nitai and then Radha and Krishna and Gauranga, They all accept us. Because what They don’t like is… They understand that in this Kaliyuga, we will be fallen and we will falldown but what They don’t accept is our hypocrisy after that, that we act like that we our advanced. We have never fallen down and we expect respect from others. So that is the thing which the Lords don’t like. They are not, Nitai is not very concerned about our falldowns but our duplicity after our falldown that I am still advanced that is the problem.

So that can only be removed by trinad api sunichena (Sri Siksastakam) and that can only come by touching Nitai nama via lekhan and singing this āmāra jīvana sadā pāpe rata. Sada means always I am full of… always engaged in sinful activities. So always remembering this song. Bhaktisiddhnatha Saraswati says sing it 100 times if required. It is like a broom to break our ego. Because all our falldown is because of our ego when we take it for granted that we have become advanced and suddenly maya attacks us and drags us down into the hellish consciousness. So its very very important along with our bhajan to give time to Nitai Nama lekhan and to singing this āmāra jīvana sadā pāpe rata, actually feeling like that. Then hundred percent tears will fall from our eyes. Our prayers will automatically go to Nitai. Because when we are humble then our prayers already go to Nitai.

(Nitai Shyam das) #2

Jaya Jaya very very important audio… :pray: :pray:

(Vasudha Nitai dasi) #3

Markandeya Rishi das: Very istrumental proceedings. . .so much to learn on the path of devotional life…thank you Maharaja for your kindness mercy … …

(Radhasakhi dasi) #4

So precisely explained. :pray:

(Nitairam das) #5

Nitaaaai​:sob:… Thank you sooo much Shrila gurudev for this mosssssttttt important audio… Really an eye opener for a duplicitous person like me​:sob:… Even thankyou word is very short for this wonderful audio​:pray::pray:

(Nitai Seva das) #6

Truly said prabhuji, :sob:.Very Very Important for this duplicitous, Vaishnav apradhi… Thank you so so much Shrila Gurudev​:pray:

(Nitai Bhikshu das) #7

There is one very easy way to feel humble amongst devotees. When I enter Sri Sri Radha Govindadev Mandir, I immediately see the advanced state of the devotees who are so engrossed in service to Radha Govindadev. I’m not as engaged as They are. This is my constant reminder of how invaluable I am to the Lord. I have no quality better than these Souls, so who am I to feel so dear to Nitai?

(Nitaisevika dasi) #8

Nitai! Very nice mood dear prabhuji. I wish I could push my ego aside and also practice this bhava. No wonder you have so much attraction for the holy names (trinad api sunichena). :pray: