Nam.tv : Nitai.tv : NitaiDayal.com : Harinam YouTube : Nitainam YouTube : Old Videos : SoundCloud : eBook : Veda : Scriptures : हिन्दी : ગુજરાતી : Donate

Proof of Mantra Writing by Shrimati Radharani and Acharyas

(Vasudha Nitai dasi) #1

:tulip: Govinda dasa Kaviraja, a famous Vaisnava poet, and younger brother of Ramachandra Kaviraj provides another strong proof of the potency of the written holy name. He received the title Kaviraja from none other than Shrila Jiva Goswami. He is famous for his bhajan “Bhajahu re mana, sri nanda-nandana abhaya-caranaravinda re”. In his ‘Padavali’ he wrote a beautiful bhajan describing the condition of Radharani when Krishna left Vrindavan and went to Mathura. The title of the bhajan is “Maribo Maribo Sakhi Niscoy Maribo”. In that bhajan, Shrimati Radharani requested her girlfriends to WRITE the name of Krishna on Her body.

tomrā joteko sakhī theke majhu sange
marana kāle krishna nāma likho mora ange

“All you sakhis, that are staying with Me, please write Krsna’s name on My body as I die.”

Shrimati Radharani Herself is establishing the glories of the process of writing the holy names of the Lord. She is revealing that the written holy name of the Lord is as good as the Lord Himself. A pure devotee always desires that when he leaves the body he should have the highest remembrance of the Lord. Here, Shrimati Radharani is also talking about her impending death due to extreme pain of separation from Krishna. And what is her desire at the time of death? Her desire is that Krishna’s name be WRITTEN on her body. She deems it the highest kind of remembrance as when Krishna’s name will be written on her body, it will be as good as receiving the direct touch of Krishna. What more proof does anyone want?

:tulip:Another proof of mantra writing,

Rasika Mangal, The Easter Part, The First Wave

“After this, the son of Acyuta began to wander throughout the village and with the company of many friends they would perform sankirtana. Observing this tendency in the boy all the devotees of Krishna became mad with joy. Rasika would WRITE THE NAME OF KRISHNA on the bodies of his playmates and persuade them to dance.”

Shrila Rasikananda Prabhu, a prominent Acarya in our Paramapara, was fond of writing the name of Krishna on the bodies of his playmates.

:tulip: Prema Vilasa Chapter 6:
“Shrinivasa got up and bowed at their feet. With awe he observed their beautiful golden complexions. They (Sri Rupa and Sanatan Goswamipada) wore a tuft of hair on their head, their foreheads were painted with tilaka, and tulasi beads hung from their necks. The NAMES OF RADHA KRISHNA WERE PAINTED ON THEIR BODIES, and they wore kaupinas and an outer garment (vahirvasa).”

:point_up_2:Rupa Goswami and Sanatan Goswami, Rupa Manjari and Lavang Manjari respectively, always wrote the names of Radhe Shyam on their bodies even though they were constantly chanting the holy names as well. Thus the special significance of seeing, honouring and worshipping the Namaksharas is once again emphasized by the personal achaar of our Acharyas. Joy Nitai!

{Taken from discussions in Nitai Gunjan sanga}

Can I have a निताइ tattoo?
(Nitai Prasad das) #2

in your article,writing the names of the lord on the body, what is your opinion of tattooing? It’s seen in America that a lot of devotees get devotional tattoos. Is it not recommended to get a tattoo of निताइ in sanskrit on your body?

(Radhasakhi dasi) #4

According to Gurudev we shouldn’t be using bead bags with Krishna names as we may keep it anywhere and anything may touch it…and it would get dirty too…

(Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj) #6

A निताइ tattoo will ensure that we go to निताइ Himself after our death. Yamadutas, demigods, or even Vaikuntha-vasis cannot touch us. The little pain we give to the paramatma in our hearts while making the निताइ tattoo will be forgiven because He is निताइ’s expansion Himself. So He won’t mind! In fact He will be very pleased and blissful! One thing to remembered though, is that the tattoo should be made from natural materials as much as possible.

(Nitairam das) #7

Joy Nitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiii… Direct entry to goloka after death:scream:… Hariiii hariiiiii:clap::clap:

(Nitai Prasad das) #8

This settles it! I have never gotten a tattoo and I always told myself if I got one, I wanted it to be meaningful. This is more! This is a FREE TICKET to Nitai himself!
Also now that I know this I feel like that a निताइ tattoo should be the only name of the Lord tattoo’d on your body, since he never considers any offenses. Our body is dirty, and goes to unclean places and it will be burned or decayed or feasted upon, so no other name can compare.

(Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj) #9

Yes, that is the science behind it.

(Mohit Kumar) #10

Jaya Jaya! And in this way, we are always having physical contact with Nitai Nam Akshara!!

(Mohit Kumar) #11

Didn’t our acharyas also write/stamp the Holy Names on their body with chandan? Cc Madhya Lila 29, verse 332, Lord Chaitanya Himself says to Sanatana Goswami “ūrdhva-puṇḍra-cakrādi-dhāraṇa” which Prabhupada translates as “how one should stamp one’s body with the holy names of the Lord or the symbols of the Lord, such as the disc and club.”

(Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj) #12

Not only we but even निताइ’s expansion the paramatma will get direct touch of निताइ and all those who touch us!

(Mohit Kumar) #13

Jaya jaya! The son (Virachandra Goswami) is having contact with the father (Nitaichand). :scream::scream::scream:

(Nitai Prasad das) #14

Gurudeva, is there any extra benefit for tracing the syllables of निताइ on our body with our finger? Say our forearm or leg?

(Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj) #15

Having a permanent निताइ is better as it is there forever. Tracing निताइ in the air in the best for our consciousness.

(Jahnavi dasi) #16

Jaya Jaya… Strongest proof. After reading every proof I feel this one is the strongest… Nitaaaiii. I hv also heard this bhajan few times but I never thought like this… :blush::pray::pray: