Nitai.tv : YouTube : Old Videos : SoundCloud : eBook : Veda : Scriptures : हिन्दी : ગુજરાતી : Donate

Nectarean rivers on the Moon

(Nitai Bhikshu das) #1

I have a question:
In Nectar of Devotion, 10th chapter, page 103, Srila Prabhupada said "If we hear from those who are actually self-realized, then the nectarean rivers, like those which are flowing on the moon planet, will flow into our ears."
My question is, are there nectarean rivers on the Moon still?

(Nitaimani das) #2

Yes on the real Vedic moon they must be flowing if Shrila Prabhupad has said so. With our limited senses we cannot directly perceive the real moon as described in the scriptures. :pray::innocent:

(Nitai Bhikshu das) #3

Oh! Doyal Nitai!

I was thinking that the holes we see on the moon may be the impression of where the nectarean rivers Srila Prabhupada described were.

(Nitaisevika dasi) #4

So sorry to interrupt :see_no_evil::see_no_evil: but couldn’t restrain myself from posting the following verses. The question about nectar on the moon just reminded me of these verses by Krishnadas Kaviraj Goswami describing Nitaichandra’s lotus feet.

sripadapallava, madhura-madhuri, bhakata-bhramarasukha-pitam
jayati jaya, vasu-jahnava-priya, dehi me svapadantikam

o mani-manjira, caru taralita, madhura madhura sunaditam
atula ratula, yugala pada-tala, amalakamalasurajitam
tejiya amara, avani himakara, nitaipadanakha sobhitam
jayati jaya, vasu-jahnava-priya, dehi me svapadantikam

“The beelike devotees always drink the sweet nectar flowing from Your lotus feet. O Nityananda Prabhu, I glorify You again and again. You are the beloved of Vasudha and Jahnava. Please give me the shelter of Your lotus feet.”

“Your jeweled anklebells move gently and tinkle sweetly. The soles of Your incomparably pure and soft lotus feet radiate a reddish hue resembling two beautiful lotus flowers. The cooling rays of the full moon have left the heavens to reside beneath Your lotus feet and emanate a shimmering effulgence from Your toenails. O Nityananda Prabhu, I glorify You again and again. You are the beloved of Vasudha and Jahnava. Please give me the shelter of Your lotus feet.”

Nitai’s lotus feet which are more brilliant and dazzling than millions upon millions of moons are always giving nectar. :innocent::innocent::innocent: Nitaibhakts have nectar in full abundance…even more than the moon residents