Nitai.tv : YouTube : Old Videos : SoundCloud : eBook : Veda : Scriptures : हिन्दी : ગુજરાતી : Donate

NAM VS DEITY Worship

(Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj) #1

:hibiscus: In the spiritual world, the eternal associates of the Lord don‘t do much deity worship, because they are always with the Lord Himself. Similarly, if you can visualize that eternal form of the Lord with your inner eyes through nam, then there is no need to do deity worship in this material world also. One should fully focus on nam instead, according to Hari Nam Chintamani. Sometimes devotees get so enamoured by the external forms of their own deities, they find it hard to see the original form of the Lord, with their inner eyes, during nam bhajan. :tulip:

(Rāmānanda Dāsa) #2

Joy Nitai, dandavat pranams to Srila Nitai PreshthJi and all Nitai sevaks…I have the most beautiful deities in my house but I’ve always felt more attracted to nam…worshiping deities brings me some balance and a sense of responsibility with the service to Krishna but it’s with nam that I can really feel the grace of the Lord and a little spark of intimacy with Him