: YouTube : Old Videos : SoundCloud : eBook : Veda : Scriptures : हिन्दी : ગુજરાતી : Donate

Lord takes all from special souls

(Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj) #1

:hibiscus: In Srimad Bhagavatam 10.88.8:

The Supreme Personality of Godhead says:

:tulip: śrī-bhagavān uvāca
yasyāham anugṛhṇāmi
hariṣye tad-dhanaṁ śanaiḥ

:apple: “If I especially favor and confer my special mercy on someone, I gradually deprive them of their wealth.”

Commentary by Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj:

:four_leaf_clover: The real test of our bhakti is when this happens in our lives. If we accept and surrender to this direct special mercy from the Lord with gratefulness, and use it to attain permanent dham-vas, sadhu-sanga, increasing bhajan, and freedom from material activities, then we pass the test with flying colors, and attain His lotus feet in Goloka.

:imp: If we resist it due to our false ego and material attachment to our temporary possessions and relationships, and try to devise means to save this wealth from being taken away from us, we fail this test miserably because we put faith in our own efforts, rather than the direct plan of the Lord for us. Seeing such averseness to His plan for us, the Lord gives up on saving us in this life, and will never offer us such a golden and merciful opportunity to leave material life and attain His lotus feet again.

(Nitairam das) #2

Jaya jaya Shrila gurudev:pray::pray:… Thankyou gurudev for always motivating us in bhakti by constantly giving strength to prepare for all tests…:clap::clap:

Emona doyaal prabhu keba kotha paaye:pray:

Plz keep on motivating us like this Shrila gurudev:pray:

(Nitai Seva das) #3

Truly said prabhuji, Jaya Jaya Shrila Gurudev :raised_hands::raised_hands:Jaya Nitai, Merciful Gurudev always bestowing mercy in the form of Very very Important Writings. Thank you Shrila Gurudev :pray:

(Viswambhar das) #4

Hey Nitai… What a fool i am :sob::sob: So strong words needed to uproot our demonic mentality
Thank so much dear Srila Nitaipreshthji Gurudev.

(Nitai das) #5

Jay Jay…what a strong article. May Nitai give intelligence to use these teachings when required

(Nitai Shyam das) #6

Jaya Jaya… Jaya Jaya Nitai:pray::pray::raised_hands::raised_hands:

(Nitaimani das) #7

BANG!!! BOOM!!! What a post! Thank you so much dear Gurudev for constantly reminding us of our real home and eternal occupation.

(Nitaisevika dasi) #8

Oh Nitai!!! :scream::scream::scream: This post itself is just transcendental and as potent as the principle it’s sharing. Immediately remembered how in a Nandotsava Katha You made such a wonderful revelation about how Krishna gave the greatest mercy to Srila Prabhupada by snatching away everything from Him during His grihastha life…thereby forcing Him to take up full time preaching in Sannyasa and fulfill His Guru Maharaj’s orders. You explained how Prabhupada would often say, “Krishna and my spiritual master ended my material life. I was reluctant, but They forced.” And now You are guiding us about the same path…its so true…our whole Parampara’s mercy and instructions flow through our spiritual master. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

This post was highly needed. Can’t thank you enough Srila Nitaipreshthji. Actually feeling such a strength and relief after reading this

(Anjali Gupta) #9

Dandavat pranams to Shrila Nitaipreshthji Gurudeva and dandavat pranams to all the Nitai Bhaktas​:blush::pray:.
I don’t know is it related or not but just now few seconds before I was thinking about Radhakund Dham vas, all those fortunate devotees who live there​:pray:. Thank you Gurudeva for this wonderful and eye opener post​:pray:. It was really needed​:blush::pray:

(Nitaisevika dasi) #10

“In the 88th Chapter of the 10th Canto of Srimad Bhagavatam, he (Srila Prabhupada) came upon a verse in which Lord Krsna said something that startled him: yasyaham anugrhnami harisye tad-dhanam sanaih tato dhanam tyajantyasye sva-jana dukhi-duhkhitam, “When I feel especially mercifully disposed towards someone, I gradually take away all his material possessions. His friends and relatives reject this poverty-stricken and most wretched fellow.” Abhaya shuddered as he read the verse. It seemed to speak directly to him. “But what does it mean? Does it mean”, he thought, “that Krsna will take away all my money?” Was that what was actually happening? Was that why his business plans were failing?”

Lilamrta I, p.88

(J.Y.) #11

Greetings, Hare Krishna, Hare Rama,

The similarities are incredible, a pure devotee of God has everything taken away from him until he is left with only as much as is needed to survive, his reputation is gone, his relatives abandon him, and his wealth is gone. I believe that, if someone is being guided toward God, or being turned by God toward Him, God stores that devotee’s or servant’s merit in his account and provides only sustenance for him. For all intents and purposes, that devotee’s life on Earth is one of suffering and no pleasure, the devotee only finds sustenance in God and His religion, which comforts him, yet the servant’s wealth, fame, and name are gone, and he is tried consistently in regards to his relatives and children. In extreme cases, the servant may be tried in regards to his body, but this is only if it does not interfere with what God may have ordained for him.

The servant experiences the ups and downs of worldly life just as a crop experiences being buffeted by the wind, life on Earth is temporary, and sometimes the slave experiences winning and sometimes the slave experiences loss, but in all cases the slave’s experience of God, His Savior, is constant.

I provide some quotes below:

“O Messenger of Allah (S.A.W.)! Which of the people is tried most severely?” He said: “The Prophets, then those nearest to them, then those nearest to them. A man is tried according to his religion; if he is firm in his religion, then his trials are more severe, and if he is frail in his religion, then he is tried according to the strength of his religion. The servant shall continue to be tried until he is left walking upon the earth without any sins.” (Tirmidhi)

Ka’b reported that Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said that the similitude of a believer is that of a standing crop in a field which is shaken by wind and then it comes to its original position but it stands at its roots. The similitude of a non-believer is that of a cypress tree which stands on its roots and nothing shakes it but it is uprooted (with) one (violent stroke). (Muslim)

When a non-believer does good he is made to taste its reward in this world. And so far as the believer is concerned, Allah stores (the reward) of his virtues for the Hereafter and provides him sustenance in accordance with his obedience to Him. (Muslim)

Perhaps this is why the devotees of God are consistently tried by God in all aspects of their life until they finally return to Allah (S.W.T.)?