Nitai.tv : YouTube : Old Videos : SoundCloud : eBook : Veda : Scriptures : हिन्दी : ગુજરાતી : Donate

Greetings, preliminary questions from an outsider…

(J.Y.) #1

Hello friends!

I am a non-denominational spiritual practitioner, I’ve become nominally familiar with the ISCKON (the Hare Krishna Movement) recently in the past month. My practice was originally Buddhist, but after reading some Catholic and Muslim authors my mind opened up to the idea of the existence of God. After perusing some more traditions that speak about God as a Trinity (such as the Alawites), I finally happened among the Hare Krishna doctrines and the Bhagavata Purana.

So anyways I have some questions about Nitai Vayulekhan, I wasn’t sure where to put this post so I put it here:

1. Is there a distinction between Nitai Vayulekhan and mainstream ISKCON? I know that mainstream ISKCON relies heavily on the Bhagavata Purana and Srila Prabhupada’s works, but I visited these sites: nitaaiveda.com and nitaiveda.com and found a different presentation of the Krishna-centric teachings, they kept talking about Gaura-lila vs. Krishna-lila.
  2. Who is Lord Nitai? I am assuming that Lord Nitai is Lord Nityananda Prabhu, the historical close companion of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu?
  3. There is one other author on the Internet who focuses heavily on devotion towards Balarama/Baladeva, namely, Bhakti Ananda Goswami (bhaktianandascollectedworks.wordpress.com), however his theology is highly Catholic and very orthodox ISKCON (Gaudiya Vaishnavism). Is this Nityananda Gauranga Naam tradition distinct from mainstream Gaudiya Vaishnavism? Is it a sub-tradition of Gaudiya Vaishnavism?
  4. I’ve read a few books on Google Books that describe heavy Balarama worship, the residents of “Braj,” refer to Balarama as Dauji or Baldeo, they have a festival called “Holi” that is Balarama-centric. But the books seem to imply that these Vaishnava sects are not necessarily Gaudiya, some were described as being aligned with the Vallabhacharya and Nimbarka Sampradayas. What are your thoughts on that? Or do you have any more information regarding those ideas?

Whatever the case may be. I thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy introductory post.

As always, may peace be upon you, Hare Krishna, Hare Rama, and so on and so forth, all that.

James

(Vasudha Nitai dasi) #2

A very warm welcome to Nitai Vayulekhan Mission’s website. We are glad to receive your queries and appreciate your endeavor to inquire about Nitai Vayulekhan. Your queries have been forwarded to our Spiritual Master and would be answered soon by him or Nitai Vayulekhan preachers… Joy Nitai! Hare Krishna! Pranaam

(J.Y.) #3

Dear VasudhaNitaidasi,

Danke!

James

(vishal nitai) #4

Danke=thank you in German