: YouTube : Old Videos : SoundCloud : eBook : Veda : Scriptures : हिन्दी : ગુજરાતી : Donate

Die without going to hell - the journey of the twice born

(Amy Harilal) #1

What is death actually? What happens to those who have died or “passed away”? Where do they pass away to? This post is my realization and I don’t ask anyone to accept it as the absolute truth. I only ask that you enquire unto the absolute truth yourself, and then do something about it. We won’t be here forever; all this – me, you, others even Srila Gurudeva and this internet cyber space will sooner than later stop existing as it is and change into something new. Maybe things change so much that we say that one thing has died and another thing is reborn. As followers of vedic theology this is certainly true of people; that is we believe in reincarnation.

But why do you need to die? As believers in God and religion we accept that there is also a heaven and hell and many types of hellish planets in fact. I think there are many reasons people die apart from the obvious (old age, disease, accidents, murder, natural disasters, etc). So why do people die? Simple; the divine nature of the Lord stops keeping him/her in its grace or shelter. That is, divinity arranged for your death. I know it sounds a bit crude, but everyone knows that that’s the truth, don’t you think? I know that I’ve heard it many times, “why did God let my child/spouse/parent die?” and then just “WHY??”

Unless you’re a devotee or trying to be a devotee your time is limited. This is not a place for eternal relationships. This is planet Earth, a place we are told is the best for spiritual realization and advancement. Indeed it is said that even the denizens of heaven desire to be born on Earth for this purpose- to serve God and become something more than they were yesterday. Not actually to accumulate wealth and make happy families and as many friends as possible.

So, how to cheat death? Get on the good side of God! More scientifically you need to burn up your negative reactions. All the sins you have done weigh heavy on your head. The best thing you can do is pray to God that “let my reactions come quickly and under Your grace as favourably as possible so I can become purified asap”.

If you do this sooner than later in life and become a devotee, then you avoid what Lord Krishna refers to (in BG) as the worst fate and the worst fear- hell. If you succeed in passing through most of your purifications and stay determined on the religious path, then eventually you will become twice born and very fortunate.

Joy Nitai!

(vishal nitai) #2

Amazing article Prabhvi. Very important realization. Fortunately there is a shortcut in this Kaliyuga. In Navadvipa dham Mahatmaya chapter 1; it it said that if a person chants Even Once the names of Gauranga and Nitai, the effects of unlimited sinful activities are destroyed

Again Doyal Nitai to our rescue. :bouquet::bouquet:

(Amy Harilal) #3

Joy Nitai :slight_smile:

Hare Krisha Nitai Gauranga das. Thanks for your comment prabhuji. Technically I can’t fault what you say. It is in Navadvipa dham Mahatmaya as you say.

However, I just want to say that, in my humble opinion, my realization is that we shouldn’t take advantage of Nityananda tattva, that is Sri Guru in all his variegated forms, in a way that we start taking what is called the easy path - bhakti - too easy.

I think that if something is worth having then it is probably something you have to try hard for. In my life I’ve found this to be a reality.

We know that without mercy we cannot achieve anything. But that doesn’t mean that all we should do is pray for mercy. We should work hard to the greatest of our capacity so that Lord Nitai’s representative, Sri Guru, becomes pleased to bestow that mercy.

(vishal nitai) #4

Joy Nitai
Dandavat pranams
Agree with you 100% Dear Prabhvi. The sins get nullified by the names of Gauranga and Nityananda but it does not guarantee ultimate goal i.e Krsna prema and Goloka. The homework of Bhakti needs to be done diligently for further progress. We are fortunate to be born in this Kaliyuga where the divine Most Merciful incarnations of Godhead came.