Nitai’s 108 Names
By Shrila Bhaktiratna Sadhu Maharaj
(With English Translation)
- padmāvatī-suta 2. baladeva 3. nīlāmbara-dhara
- ekachakra-navadvīpa-śaśi 5. rāḍha-sudhākara
(1) Lord Nitai is the beloved son of Shri Padmavati devi.
(2) He is Baladeva, the bestower of all strength for living entities.
(3) He is adorned with a blue cloth.
(4) He is the shining moon of Ekachakra and Navadvipa dham.
(5) He is the source of all nectar for the residents and the land of Radha desh.
- nityānanda 7. pitṛ-bhakta 8. adbhuta-bālaka
- kṛṣṇa-premī 10. sarva-avatāra-līla-darśaka
(6) He is Nityananda, eternally full of unlimited bliss.
(7) He is always devoted to His father, Sri Hadai Pandit.
(8) In His boyhood pastimes, He was an extraordinary child.
(9) He is always maddened in ecstatic loving devotion to Sri Krishna.
(10) He grants one the vision of all the pastimes of every single incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
- hāḍāi-suta 12. ekachakra-sarva-kleśa-hārī
- jagāi-mādhāi-trātā 14. kīrtana-bihārī
(11) He is the beloved son of Sri Hadai Pandit.
(12) He is the eradicator of all distress for the Ekachakra vasis.
(13) He is the savior of the two most sinful brothers, Jaghai and Madhai.
(14) He enjoys roaming in the streets while frolicking in Kirtan.
- gaura-darśaka-naṭa 16. lauha-daṇḍa-dhārī
(15) Lord Gauranga rejoices eternally in being a spectator of Nitai’s spectacular dancing.
(16) He carries an iron staff.
(17) He wanders in the forests along the banks of the River Maudeshwari with all His cowherd friends.
- gopa-gopī-vraja-prāṇa 19. nitai-sundara
- gaurāṇga-premonmatta 21. avadhūta 22. naṭabara
(18) He is the life and soul of the cowherd boys and damsels of Vrindavan.
(19) Nitai is supremely beautiful.
(20) He is perpetually maddened and engulfed in the bliss of pure love for Lord Gauranga.
(21) He is a madman intoxicated in divine love, unbound by any rules and regulations.
(22) He is the best of all dancers.
- sva-nāmonmatta 24. gaura-tattva-prakāśaka
(23) He is always intoxicated in relishing the sweetness of His own holy names.
(24) He is the manifester of Gaura Tattva.
(25) He inaugurated the religion for the age of Kali, which is called nama- sankirtana i.e. congregational chanting of the names of Krishna.
- nupura-charaṇa-dhara 27. ādi-guru-balarāma
- advaita-gadādhara-bāndhava 29. gaura-guṇa-dhāma
(26) His lotus feet are decorated with ankle bells.
(27) He is Balaram, the primeval spiritual master.
(28) He is the dearmost friend of Shrila Advaita Acarya and Gadadhar Pandit.
(29) He is the abode of all of Gauranga’s transcendental qualities.
(30) His radiant, pleasant lotus face is more beautiful than millions upon millions of moons.
(31) His body is anointed with sandalwood pulp and nicely decorated with tilaka.
(32) His deep voice resounds like a new raincloud.
(33) His teeth resemble pomegranate seeds because of chewing betel and are always restless.
- ājānu-lambita-bhuja 35. kāñchana-śarīra
- aṭṭa-aṭṭa-hāsya 37. prema-vikārī-asthira
(34) His long arms extend up to His knees.
(35) His bodily complexion is that of molten gold.
(36) His uproarious laughter is tumultuous and ecstatic.
(37) He is always restless due to all the symptoms of ecstatic love manifesting on His body.
- adośa-darśī 39. sadā-ghurṇita-lochana
- akrodhī 41. lakśmaṇa 42. kaliyuga-pāvana
(38) He persistently declines to consider the faults and vices of mankind and accepts only the good qualities of one and all.
(39) His lotus eyes constantly roll in the intoxication of pure bliss.
(40) He is never angry.
(41) He is none other than Lakshman, the devoted younger brother of Shri Ramchandra.
(42) He is the purifier of this age of Kali.
- mūla-saṅkarṣaṇa 44. adhama-ḍākū-jana-trātā
- bhakta-nindā-nāśaka 46. mādhavendra-bhartā
(43) Lord Nitai is the original Sankarshan of the Chatur-vyuha.
(44) He is the deliverer and uplifter of the dacoits and thieves.
(45) He is the only forgiver and destroyer of the deadly offense of Vaishnava ninda.
(46) He is the dearmost friend and master of Srila Madhavendra Puri.
- paramātmā 48. ananta-śeṣa 49. jīva-dukha-hārī
- uttama-adhama-dṛṣṭi-śūnya 51. pāpī-tārī
(47) He is the Supersoul residing within everyone’s heart.
(48) His plenary expansion is Lord Ananta Shesha.
(49) He snatches away all the sorrows and miseries of the living entities.
(50) He is completely devoid of the vision of differentiating among the most elevated and the most fallen.
(51) He is the redeemer of the sinful souls.
- sarva-mantra-mūrtimanta 53. karuṇā-avatārī
- gaura-daṇḍa-bhaṅgī 55. sarva-tīrtha-uddhārī
(52) He is the personification of all mantras.
(53) He is the source of all incarnations, the epitome of compassion and mercy.
(54) He broke the sannyasa staff of Gauranga Mahaprabhu.
(55) He is the purifier and deliverer of all the holy places.
- jāhnavā-pati 57. guṇamaṇi 58. chaṇḍāla-trātā
- bālaka-dhātā 60. premī 61. śuddha-nāma-dātā
(56) He is the beloved husband and master of Srimati Jahnava Devi.
(57) He is a supremely attractive jewel possessing all transcendental qualities.
(58) He is the one and only savior of the lowest class of men.
(59) He is the Lord of all children and is specially affectionate towards them.
(60) He is the topmost relisher of divine love.
(61) He is the bestower of the pure name which is nondifferent from the Lord.
- śrī-jagannātha-bhrātā 63. bhakti-alankārī
- malla-vīra 65. matta-siṅha 66. puśpa-mālā-dhārī
(62) He is the elder brother of Lord Jagannath, the Lord of the entire creation.
(63) All His ornaments are the incarnation of Bhakti-devi Herself.
(64) His tall, strong, heroic stature makes Him look like a valiant wrestler.
(65) He acts like a mad lion.
(66) He wears a garland of flowers around His neck.
- vīrachandra-pitā 68. bānkā-rāya-priya-bhrātā
- paramahansa-śiromaṇi 70. gauḍa-deśa-trātā
(67) He is the loving father of Virchandra Prabhu, the incarnation of Kshirodaksayi Vishnu.
(68) He is the dear brother of Banka Raya.
(69) He is the crest jewel among the swan-like pure devotees of the Supreme Lord.
(70) He is the deliverer of Gauda desh.
- mālinī-priya-putra 72. śrī-śaci-jīvana
- vrindāvana-dāsa-guru 74. jīva-prāṇadhana
(71) He is the beloved and doting son of Shri Malini devi.
(72) He is the life of Sachi Mata.
(73) He is the spiritual master of Vrindavan das Thakur.
(74) He is the wealth of Jiva Goswami’s life.
- dvādaśa-gopāla-nātha 76. dhāmavāsī-sukha-kārī
- sandhinī-svarūpa 78. sarva-amaṅgala-hārī
(75) He is the master of the twelve cowherd boys, the primary sakhas of Vraja.
(76) He is the giver of bliss and happiness to all the residents of the Dham.
(77) He is directly the Sandhini Shakti of Sri Krishna.
(78) He is the remover of all inauspiciousness.
- abhirāma-bāndhava 80. śrīvāsa-gṛha-dhana
- gaurīdāsa-prāṇa 82. maheśa-haridāsa-jīvana
(79) He is the dearest friend of Abhiram Thakur.
(80) He is the precious wealth of Srivas Thakur’s home.
(81) He is the life of Gauridas Pandit.
(82) He is the life breath of Mahesh Pandit and Haridas Thakur.
(83) He is the very life of His associates headed by Sundarananda, Kamalakar, Uddharan Datta, Parameshwari das Thakur, Dhananjay Pandit and Puroshottam das Thakur.
(84) He is the wealth of Kala Krishnadas and Sridhar Kholavecha’s life.
(85) His gait of a mad elephant enchants one and all.
- abhimāna-śūnya 87. jīva-parikramā-kārī
- mīnaketana-prāṇa 89. svabhakta-gaurava-kārī
(86) He is devoid of all pride.
(87) He mercifully took Jiva Goswami on a parikrama of Navadvipa Dham.
(88) He is the life and soul of Minekatana Ramdas.
(89) He expands the fame and glories of His own servants and devotees.
- dahī-pohā-svādānandī 93. ānanda-vardhana
(90) He was the one who granted Raghunath das Goswami the shelter of Radhakund.
(91) He is the life breath of His consort, Srimati Vasudha devi.
(92) He greatly relishes and is pleased by the preparation of curd and chipped rice.
(93) He enhances the bliss of one and all, including the Supreme Personality of Godhead Lord Gauranga Krishna.
- śaḍbhuja-darśaka 95. gauranāma-dhāma-dātā
(94) Lord Gauranga manifested His six-hand form before Him.
(95) He is the bestower of Lord Gauranga’s holy name and abode.
(96) He granted the shelter of Rupa and Raghunath to Krishnadas Goswami.
- anātha-jana-nātha 98. agati-jana-gati
- rādhā-maṅtra-dātā 100. koṭi-bhramāṇḍa-pati
(97) He is the Lord of all hopeless and shelterless souls who are rejected by all other forms of Godhead.
(98) He is the destination for those who have no other resort.
(99) He is the bestower of Radharani’s esoteric mantra.
(100) He is the master of the unlimited universes.
(101) He granted the hidden and confidential gopi bhava to His associate Gadadhar das.
(102) He is the manifester of all the divine literatures which glorify Sri Gauranga’s hidden glories and pastimes, headed by Caitanya Caritamrta and Caitanya Bhagavat.
He is the forgiver of all souls who are punished by Gaur Krishna.
(104) He grants one the confidential service of Sri Ananga Manjari, the beloved sister of Srimati Radharani.
rāgamārga-āviśkartā 106. siddha-deha-dātā
aparādha-anartha-nāśaka 108. maṅjarī-bhāva-dātā
(105) He is the one who illuminates the path of spontaneous loving devotional service.
(106) He is granter of one’s spiritual body to enter into the eternal pastimes.
(107) He is the destroyer of all anarthas and offenses.
(108) He is the granter of Manjari bhava, the highest mood of being Radharani’s maidservant.